Basic Code of Conduct
Basic Code of Conduct for the IHI Group
We at the IHI Group are committed to implementing what is necessary to meet the expectations and gain the trust of not only our customers, business partners, shareholders and colleagues, but also the local and international communities, while keeping an awareness of global issues. By doing so, we aim to enhance our existential value as we move forward into the future and realize our Group's management principles of “Contribute to the development of society through technology" and “Human resources are our single most valuable asset."
Fundamental and Universal Principles of the Entire IHI Group
(Respect for the rule of law and ethical conduct)
We strictly observe laws and ordinances based on a clear understanding of their meaning. We also act sincerely and fairly and in accordance with high ethical standards so that we do not violate social rules or international norms.
(Respect for human rights)
We fully recognize the importance of, and always strive to respect, human rights during our business activities.
(Promotion of mutual understanding)
In order to promote mutual understanding with those around us, we strive to disseminate information on our business activities, explain the effects of these activities on the surrounding environment, and engage in an exchange of opinions with our broader communities on a daily basis.
Responsibilities toward People, Society, and the Environment
(Responsibilities toward people connected with the IHI Group via our products and services)
1. We establish relationships of mutual trust with the people with whom we are involved in the course of our business, help solve social issues in a variety of fields by using our abilities to the utmost, and develop and provide products and services to assure more comfortable lives for people around the world.
2. We pay full attention to the safety of the products and services we develop and provide and constantly strive to raise the quality level of our products and services by confirming whether they satisfy customers and users.
3. We deal appropriately with other parties in our business transactions and seek profit fairly, while at the same time we strive to establish fair and mutually-productive relationships with our customers and business partners.
(Responsibilities towards those with whom we work)
We strive to respect mutually the character and individuality of all people with whom we work and maintain a safe, supportive, and comfortable environment in which we can work easily
(Responsibilities toward local and international communities)
1. With an awareness that each one of us is a member of society, we actively take part in initiatives to solve the problems faced by society.
2. No matter the region of the world where we conduct our business, we understand the value of the culture unique to each region and strive to meet the expectations of people living there.
3. We take a resolute attitude against organizations and forces that threaten social order and safety.
(Responsibilities toward the global environment)
Based on our recognition that the global environment provides the foundation for the existence of all societies and cultures, we take care so as not harm that which also will be needed by future generations and strive to protect, and reduce the burdens on, the global environment, not only in the course of our provision of products and services but also in all other aspects of our business activities.
Roles and Responsibilities of Senior Management
(Roles of Senior Management)
1. Senior Management recognizes that their role is to ensure the realization of this Code of Conduct and takes the initiative to demonstrate leadership in order to put the purposes of this Code of Conduct into practice.
2. Senior Management ensures that this Code of Conduct is known to all people with whom they work and constantly strives to establish, maintain, and improve effective internal systems and to enhance our corporate value.
(Responsibilities of Senior Management)
If a violation of this Code of Conduct occurs, Senior Management will strive to take the initiative to solve the problem, discover its cause, and prevent the recurrence of similar violations. They also will promptly disclose accurate information to society, clarify the responsibilities and scope of the authority of the persons involved, and impartially take disciplinary action even upon themselves.