IHI Health and Safety Policy
Basic Safety and Health Policy
Based on our management philosophy of "Contribute to the development of society through technology" and "Human resources are our single most valuable asset," the IHI Group is committed to establishing a corporate culture that puts safety as the first priority. Specifically, based on the Basic Code of Conduct for the IHI Group, the following initiatives will be implemented to ensure a workplace environment in which all employees can work safely and in good health.
The "Five Safety Principles" will be taken as a principle shared throughout the Group and managers as well as all employees will engage in safety and health activities to prevent accidents.
[Five Safety Principles]
- Safety is our first priority
- Never do or let anyone else do anything dangerous
- Eliminate potential hazards
- Follow the rules strictly
- Make a real effort
- We will endeavor to prepare facilities and provide opportunities to promote and maintain the mental and physical health of our employees, and create ideal workplaces in which employees can work in good health.
- While complying with relevant laws and regulations on safety and health, we will give full consideration to how our business activities affect local communities and endeavor to ensure safety and health as a member of society.
IHI Group Health Management Declaration
The IHI Group will implement management that values the health of employees based on the management philosophy of "Human resources are our single most valuable asset."
We will support the proactive improvement of employee health and aim to energize the organization by maximizing employee vitality and capabilities.
By doing this, we will contribute to the development of society through the growth of the IHI Group.
July 1, 2020
President and Chief Operating Officer