IHI Aerospace is committed to implementing company-wide initiatives based on the guidelines listed below, with the goals of instilling responsibility for and awareness of issues related to harmonious coexistence with the environment while meeting customer demand in the aerospace and defense industries and mitigating the environmental impact of its business activities at all times.
- Comply with environmental laws, regulations, agreements, and other requirements.
- Maintain awareness of environmental issues at the local business site; strive to protect the local environment and to prevent pollution.
- Manage and seek to reduce any environmental impact caused by business activities.
- （１） Manage raw material consumption appropriately and seek to reduce waste generated.
- （２） Promote recycling through improved waste sorting.
- （３） Promote energy savings through appropriate management of the workplace environment and production facilities.
- （４） Promote the management of the hazardous chemical substances.
- Aim to offer the products and technologies to the society which contribute to the protection of the environment.
- Work to increase environmental awareness through environmental training and in-house information activities.
- Periodically review the environmental management system to ensure constant improvements.
This IA Environmental Policy will be published and made available to all employees and issued to outside parties on request.
ISO 14001 and JIS Q 14001 certification
IHI Aerospace acquired ISO 14001 and JIS Q 14001 certification on May 29, 2002, and continues to maintain the performance required by these standards.